What is japanese encephalitis?

Mosquito bite dz. This is a virus transmitted by mosquito bites which causes infection of the central nervous system (brain). Symptoms include fevers, chills, headache, neck stiffness, confusion, and possibly seizure. A lumbar puncture (spinal tap) is often necessary to diagnose the disease. There is no specific treatment for this disease, but it often gets better on its own.
Mosquito-borne virus. Japanese encephalitis (inflammation in the brain) is caused by a virus transmitted by a mosquito bite, common in parts of asia, especially where rice fields are located. A vaccine is available in the U.S., for people who plan to visit high-risk areas in asia.