I have idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy and a biventricular icd. The problem I am having is there are days I can't seem to stay awake. Normal?

Often not. You seem to have congestive heart failure and are probably on several medications, your symptoms may be from the medications, from variations in your congestive heart failure status, or inadequate effectiveness of your biventricular icd's resynchronization (the special pacing it does to improve your heart's function. See you docrotr.
No. You need to be evaluated to check for elevated co2 levels, also need to rule out central sleep apnea.