My LDL is 94 and my HDL is 47. Am i at risk?

Dr. Charles Glassman

In brief: Lipids

Any lab test should not be interpreted in a vacuum but other factors need to be accounted for. These numbers don't seem so bad, but do you have any other risk factors - diabetes, hypertension, obesity, cigarette smoking, family history e.
g. You may want to get a more sophisticated test looking at your lipid particle sizes. As lipid numbers go, though, on the surface these do not put you at risk.

In brief: Lipids

Dr. Charles Glassman
Dr. Charles Glassman
Dr. Bradford Romans

In brief: Not bad

Those numbers are acceptable, if you have no other risk factors like, high blood pressure, diabetes, smoking, family history of early heart disease.

In brief: Not bad

Dr. Bradford Romans
Dr. Bradford Romans
Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice

In brief: Cholesterol

This is an incomplete question.
The total amount divided by the HDL is a good ratio to look at. But, these two numbers are both ideal and represent low risk.

In brief: Cholesterol

This is an incomplete question.
Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Robert Killian