Can the mirena (levonorgestrel) IUD stop your period?

Yes! The Mirena (levonorgestrel) IUD is one of the BEST forms of birth control available, it lasts 5 years, is ~99.5% effective, and thins the uterine lining so that you get lighter periods. 20% of women will stop having periods after 1 year and that's perfectly healthy. Effects in the uterus and so it won't affect or be affected by other medicadtion; very safe method; biggest risk after insertion is expulsion (1-2%).
Yes the hormone. In it can do that the person who put your iud in should have told you that is a possibility but u should do one urine preg test just so u know it is negative.