How many visits does it take for molar root canal? I visited the same dentist more than10 times and still the tooth is sore. I went to a different doctor to get it sealed but it is still painful. What should I do?

In brief: Root canal

Most endodontists ( root canal specialists) complete root canals in one visit.
Sometimes complications will require a second visit. At this point you should have the tooth re-evaluated by an endodontist.

In brief: Root canal

2 comments
Dr. Bruce Pope
Unseen cracks in the root will not heal even with a root canal and the tooth will need to be extracted
Dr. Daniel Rubenstein
I agree. A fracture in the root would exhibit chronic pain and is not repairable.
Dr. Kayvon Javid
Dentistry

In brief: Specialist

If your dentist is unable to do your rootcanal than you need to see an endodontist.
Your dentist must have a referral network so ask them.

In brief: Specialist

Dr. Pooja Saroha
Dentistry

In brief: Typically 2-3

It takes 2-3 appointments to finish a molar endo/ rct.
It might take longer if the infection is persistant or any endo surgery is needed. 10 is still a high number. Are you sure it is to finish the rct and not post, core crown etc.

In brief: Typically 2-3

Dr. Steven Seres