Do symptoms like abdominal skin redness go away quickly?

Depends on cause. This depends on the cause. If infection (cellulitis), this needs antibiotics. If sunburn, it will improve. If eczema or psoriasis, it may linger unless treated. There are a large number of reasons for skin redness, and an answer depends on the cause of the redness.
Diagnosis first. Hi, it’s hard to say without a picture but there is a great app that may be able to help you get a diagnosis without being seen in person by a dermatologist. The app is called VisualDX and is one of the best, if not the best out there. Many clinicians, including myself, use it. Just snap a photo and it gives you a list of possible diagnoses. Good luck!