What's a simple, cheap treatment for my cerumen impaction?

Dr. Gregory Mosolf
In brief: Drops
Don't use q-tips or other objects to remove wax (cerumen).
Use an ear wax removal kit (cerumenex or debrox etc.) which you purchase at the pharmacy. Softening drops are placed in the ear several times a day for 2-3 days. Use the bulb to flush the ear canal with warm water. You may need to repeat the process several times to remove the impacted wax/cerumen. If not helping see your doc.

In brief: Drops
Dr. Gregory Mosolf
Dr. Gregory Mosolf
Dr. Jeb Teichman
In brief: Ear wax kits
There are a number of kits that be purchased at your pharmacy that contain drops to soften wax and a bulb to irrigate the wax from the ear canal, however i personally just use the spray from me shower head.
Be careful not to use too much force as you can rupture your ear drum. See your doctor if these methods fail as you might have have him disimpact wax that is hard and wedged in the ear canal.

In brief: Ear wax kits
Dr. Jeb Teichman
Dr. Jeb Teichman
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine