Should I see a specialist for mucocutaneous leishmaniasis, or can my regular doctor take care of it?

Leishmaniasis. Better to see a specialist, as very few general doctors in the US have experience with this disease. There are exceptions though, as some doctors have had experience in the Peace Corps or the military and may be familiar with this.