How fast can I make my influenza go away?

In brief: Antiviral
In some situations antiviral medications (Tamiflu, Relenza, Flumadine) may be prescribed within the first couple of days of symptoms to hasten healing or they can be used after flu exposure to prevent illness.
hydrate well w water, herbal teas, soup or juice. Drink sufficiently to have pale to light yellow urine. You can use pain relievers like Tylenol (acetaminophen) or NSAID’s. Rest A LOT!

In brief: Antiviral
Dr. Colin Kerr
In brief: Influenza
If you see a doctor within 72 hours of the onset of influenza, s/he can prescribe a medication (tamiflu) that will shorten the length of illness by a day or two.
Otherwise you will just have to wait it out. Usual duration of illness is about 5 days.

In brief: Influenza
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Marsha Davis