If its not gastritis or ulcer what can it be? Constant knawing below the breasted bone and sometimes stomach pains.Zantec and Prilosec hasn't helped

In brief: Wide Range Possible

Pains around the breast bone can be from your heart or gallbladder as well as from the stomach.
I'd humbly suggest you see your pcp for a quick work up (or go to the er if pain is more severe). Heart atacks can sometimes seem like heartburn or indigestion. This would be the worst case scenario. Continued pain in this area needs to be evaluated rather urgently though, because of that fact.

In brief: Wide Range Possible

Dr. Andrew Hoffman
Dr. Andrew Hoffman
Dr. Adam Levy