How do I stop concentrating on things in my peripheral vision? I get paranoid that people notice and then I do it. I do it to objects too like a habit

Dr. Pamela Pappas

In brief: Hypervigilance?

It sounds like you may be very vigilant -- perhaps even hypervigilant -- about movement in your peripheral vision.
In a way this may be protective, but when distracting from what you're trying to do, it may be unhealthy. I have known many previously traumatized people who have this behavior, and they've often achieved results of ability to relax appropriately through emdr treatment.

In brief: Hypervigilance?

Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Eric Weisman