I started getting stress incontinence a couple of days ago. Will I be back to normal by next week?

Dr. Scott Beard
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Urogynecology

In brief: Not likely

Unless there is a temporary source - uti, unusual strain, heavy cough due to cold.
You can try kegels to alleviate it for a while.

In brief: Not likely

Dr. Scott Beard
Dr. Scott Beard
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham

In brief: Why incontinent

Most of the time stress urinary incontinence (sui) is due to vaginal prolapse and hypermobility of the urethra.
If that is the case, your symptoms will likely gradually get worse over time. Kegel exercises will help most women with sui - if they do enough of them. Sometimes the sui is related to a urinary tract infection - if that is your case, symptoms resolve with treatment of the infection.

In brief: Why incontinent

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham