My dentist applied a temporary filling in my wisdom teeth to see if they can be saved. They feel perfectly fine. Does itmean that they could be saved?

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Must wait and see

Temporary fillings often have medication in them to sedate the nerve and keep you comfortable.
It's a good sign that you have no pain but not a guarantee that no further treatment or an extraction may be necessary in time. Your own dentist is the best one to tell you how long to wait and how he\she will decide how to proceed.

In brief: Must wait and see

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. George Hanna
need to wait to make sure the pain will go away. usually at least 3-4 weeks wait. The longer the wait, the better cause the temp filling helps the tooth also.
Dr. Sten Ericson
Dentistry

In brief: For Now

The only thing that means is that they feel fine for now.
Wisdom teeth are extremely unpredictable. They collect tons of plaque/tartar, have huge variation in size/shape/anatomy, and sometimes they just give people problems. I'm sure you and your dentist will keep a very close eye on it. Keep in mind, a temp filling is just that, a temporary fix. Something definitive must be placed.

In brief: For Now

Dr. Sten Ericson
Dr. Sten Ericson

In brief: Can't say for sure

They may feel fine now, and even with the final restoration they may feel fine.
.. But if the lesion is deep, then a week or a month or a year down the road they may become unbearably painful. And that is the time you will extract them. No one wants to go thru the pain and expense... But sometimes you have no choice.

In brief: Can't say for sure

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Peter Kurzweil