At my last check up, I forgot to tell the doctor about sickle cell anemia. Is that ok?

Dr. Liawaty Ho
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: Should tell your doc

It is important to tell your doctor that you have sickle cel anemia as sickle cell anemia can be complicated with crisis episode ( pain crisis, acute chest syndrome, stroke etc) that requires complex management.
So, call you roctor and tell him/her about it.

In brief: Should tell your doc

Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Joseph Torkildson
Pediatrics - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: No!

If you're saying you yourself have sickle cell anemia and you failed to tell a doctor caring for you about this diagnosis, it certainly is not ok! ssa can have a tremendous number of long-term issues that your doctor might not look for or manage appropriately if he or she is unaware of the diagnosis.
I'm hoping you forgot because you had very few problems with your ssa when you were a child!

In brief: No!

Dr. Joseph Torkildson
Dr. Joseph Torkildson