Should I see a specialist for trichinella spiralis infection, or can my regular doctor take care of it?

Trichenella infectio. A regular doctor should be able to treat this problem.
Trichinella. Best to see a specialist since this is a pretty uncommon infection and most general doctors will have little experience in managing it. But any doctor can look up the treatment in a textbook and obtain it for you. You will still be better off with the enhanced follow-up care that a specialist can provide to avoid complications.