How can I treat de Quervain's tenosynovitis?

Dr. Raymond Raven
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: Depends

Those with mild symptoms can benefit from protective splinting, nsaids, icing and stretching.
More severe cases, such as those seen after trauma or durning/after pregnancy usually don't respond to anything other than a corticosteroid injection. I treat many conditions with corticosteroid injections, but this is one of the few conditions that can actually be cured with one treatment.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Raymond Raven
Dr. Raymond Raven
Dr. Michael Raemisch
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: Cortisone shot

Truly, a cortisone shot will be tremendously rewarding for anyone with dequervain's.
I find that dequervain's is very painful for people. Get a cortisone shot!

In brief: Cortisone shot

Dr. Michael Raemisch
Dr. Michael Raemisch
Dr. John Goldman
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Thumb Tendon

This is the tendon along the inside of your wrist that pulls the thumb up.
Begin with heat, ice, wear a splint. We can also inject the tendon if this not respond to the simpler therapy. Use of the wrist and the thumb could cause this and can also make the pain worse. Begin with conservative approach and see how this does.

In brief: Thumb Tendon

Dr. John Goldman
Dr. John Goldman