Does rotavirus infection usually cause many symptoms?

Yes. Dr hadied's answer is comprehensive. But to add, immunize your infant with the rotavirus vaccine, which has according to recent study, reduced the number or er visits due to rotavirus infection from 400, 000 per year to 100, 000 per year, a 75% reduction. And no serious com plications. This will only get better.
Yes many. Rotavirus is the most common cause of severe diarrhea among infants and young children vomiting, watery diarrhea, and low-grade fever. Symptoms often start with vomiting followed by four to eight days of profuse diarrhea. Dehydration is more common in rotavirus infection than in most of those caused by bacterial pathogens, and is the most common cause of death related to rotavirus infection.