My wife thinks I should see someone for my asthma. Should i?

Dr. Steven Machtinger
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: This is a question?
I've rarely met a married man who came to see me without the urging of his wife.
Because you are married you have at least one other person relying on your good health besides you. Perhaps there are more. Go see your primary care physician. I'll go out on a limb & say invite your wife to accompany you to the visit.

In brief: This is a question?
Dr. Steven Machtinger
Dr. Steven Machtinger
Dr. Omega Edwards, m.d.
I have been married for only twelve years and I have already learned that my wife is usually right. I agree with Dr. Yoder.
Dr. William Gershan
Pediatrics - Pulmonology
In brief: Maybe
You should see someone for asthma (preferably a physician) if your symptoms are not well controlled or if the asthma is affecting your daily activities (e.
g. Missing work, unable to exercise fully) or your sleeping. Your wife may want you to see someone for one of these reasons.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. William Gershan
Dr. William Gershan
Dr. Jack Mutnick
"death by denial" is a classic male trait.
...Follow your wife's advice.

...Follow your wife's advice.
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Sue Ferranti
In brief: Yes...
There are asthma treatments that will treat/prevent symptoms and many asthmatics have long, symptom-free intervals.
An evaluation by your doctor will insure that you are on the best regimen possible. Avoid smoking as well. Good luck!

In brief: Yes...
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Andrew Murphy
Asthma is a disease that is potentially very serious.
Some with asthma have relatively mild symptoms others with asthma can have much more severe symptoms and can die from their disease. If one is being advised to seek care for their asthma it is probably a sign that symptoms are worse than the patient thinks they are.

Dr. Andrew Murphy
Dr. Andrew Murphy
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology