Can oxycodone cause intestinal cramps? How can I fix this if the oxycodone is the only one works in my endometriosis pain?

Dr. Gary Ritholz
Anesthesiology

In brief: See answer

All narcotics slow the gastrointestinal tract.
That may cause you to feel bloated and full of gas. I would try eating foods that decrease transit time and if necessary you occasionally may take something for constipation.

In brief: See answer

Dr. Gary Ritholz
Dr. Gary Ritholz

In brief: Not unique

Constipation and problems with GI tract are very common with use of opioids.
Increasing dietary fibre may help much of this. Work closely with your doctor. Many other opioids are available, and you may respond to another with less adverse effects.

In brief: Not unique

Dr. Bryan Treacy
Gynecology

In brief: Absolutely

Oxycodone is an opiate and one of the more uncomfortable side effects involve the intestines.
Gas pain, cramps and constipation are very common in patients using opiates for a prolonged period of time. Stool softeners, increased fiber and increased water consumption to stave off these annoying side effects may help.

In brief: Absolutely

Dr. Bryan Treacy
Dr. Bryan Treacy
Dr. Vikram Patel