3 yr old in my sons pre school has mumps. Could the teacher (who kisses kids) be a silent carrier of mumps? She is supposed to babysit my son&infant. 

Dr. Susumu Inoue
Pediatrics - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: Unlikely

There is no silent carrier for mumps.
There are asymptomatic infections, but even asymptomatic, they develop mumps immunity. I would ask the teacher if she had documentation of 2 MMR vaccines. If she had, it is highly liekly that she is immune to mumps and therefore she cannot infect other persons. Parotid gland swelling occurs with other virus infections, so make sure that it was mumps.

In brief: Unlikely

There is no silent carrier for mumps.
Dr. Cindy Juster