Can my regular doctor do the audiology test in his clinic?

David Escobar
In brief: Depends
Many doctors have the training necessary to do this, but a lot of physicians don't have the equipment because there isn't enough need for it in their practice.
I work with a lot of pediatricians, who send kids off for audiology tests often. However, they don't get enough need in their office to justify the expense of purchasing and maintaining the equipment. Best to call your doctor and ask.

In brief: Depends
David Escobar
David Escobar
Answer assisted by David Escobar, Medical Student
Simple hearing screening is part of many checkups and is done with basic tools. The audiologist is my backup when a questionable finding is encountered. In my town the ENT group has a formal audiology testing center & others are available in town.
Dr. Aaron Milstone