Is there anything I can get from the grocery store or drug store for my shoulder pain until I can see a doctor?

Dr. Ty Endean
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Caution
Provided you do not have any other medical condition or drug allergy, anti-inflammatory medication like Motrin or Aleve may be helpful.
For just pain control tylenol (acetaminophen) is your only choice. I would also recommend ice for decreasing the inflammation and you often will get the best results with the easiest treatment, ice!

In brief: Caution
Dr. Ty Endean
Dr. Ty Endean
Dr. Colin Kerr
In brief: Adhesive capsulitis
Probably the most effective otc medication for the pain of adhesive capsulitis of the shoulder is ibuprofen.
Arnica gel or cream applied directly to the area may also help. Aspercreme may help too as something to rub on it. A final otc cream that could be tried is zostrix (capsaicin) [be careful how you use this since it can cause intense burning over normal tissue areas; do not get into your eye.

In brief: Adhesive capsulitis
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Vikram Patel