Cold sore outbreak, hair from infected area accidentally went into left eye. 7 days since outbreak, what are the chances i infected my eye? I have had cold sores on and off for 20 years. Freaking out!

Dr. Robert Hartman
Dermatology

In brief: Home free

After one week with no symptoms, i think you will be in the clear. Herpes in the eye feels like someone kicked sand in you eye.
Hair alone would not be a good carrier of the virus. Rubbing herpes into the eye with your fingers would be the most common source.

In brief: Home free

Dr. Adam Bodian
Dermatology

In brief: Probably OK

It is extremely rare for a hair to transmit the hsv virus of cold sores into the eye.
As a matter of fact i couldn't find any reports of this in the literature. That being said, i would still advise you to see an ophthalmologist to get checked and be 100% sure.

In brief: Probably OK