Should I see a specialist for fecal impaction, or can my regular doctor take care of it?

Fecal impaction. Based on years of experience, i believe the single best treatment of fecal impaction is an otc product called MiraLAX (polyethylene glycol 3350). It is a white powder. You fill the cap of the bottle with the powder and put it in a glass of water or juice. Start with1 capful a day; if not results after 2 days, increase dose to 2 capfuls daily; if no response in 2 days, increase to 3 capfuls/day etc.