My wife thinks I should see someone for my chicken pox. Should i?

In brief: Adults need eval

Chicken pox is usually a benign issue in childhood, but for some reason adults are at risk of some significant complications, including a life threatening pneumonia and invasive strep disease.
Having a conversation with your doc, by phone or at the office is certainly worth your while. The dr who knows you best can guide you thru proper management of this illness.

In brief: Adults need eval

Dr. Steven Machtinger
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Depends

If you have had chickenpox or shingles for less than 48 hours antiviral medications like Acyclovir can shorten the duration of illness and ameliorate the intensity of symptoms.
So a doctor can write you a prescription.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Steven Machtinger
Dr. Steven Machtinger