Is rotator cuff syndrome curable?

Absolutely. Is all about the getting proper history, examining, treating, reexamining. Treatment could includes oral medications, injections. Evaluation include history, exam, xray, mri, referral to physical therapy, ortho, pain management. Be aware rotator cuff is a general term (we have many terms depending on findings). Remember it could take 6 months to fully recover (many time it takes less).
Potentially. Depends on the chronicity, type and severity of the problem. A good sports medicine physician, orthopedist is key. If it's not responding to physical therapy, obtain an MRI or high-res ultrasound to rule out tear, tendinosis (crappy quality) as well as other common shoulder problems that cause pain. Treatment options sometimes include pt, corticosteroid injections, platelet rich plasma, surgery.