Why does my left foot drop when I walk?

Many causes. There are many causes for foot drop, including brain injury, spinal cord damage, pinched nerve in the back, pinched nerve at the knee, disruption of the nerve-muscle junction, or muscle damage. A neurologist can help to narrow down possible causes and guide further treatment.
"Foot Drop" If you haven't had this checked, you really need to. The nerves to your shin muscles may be weak. This can be due to a significant nerve problem -- possibly from a pinched nerve in your back. Best treated early to avoid worse problems!