What is the best way to get rid of unwanted facial hair when dealing with pcos?

Medications. Because a hair follicle has a 4-6 month life span-you must be patient. Generally, we want to lower circulating androgens using birth control pills or in severe forms-lupron a gnrh-agonist. At the level of the hair follicle, we prevent the androgen from binding using spironolactone and-or androgens from being converted to the most potent androgen-dihydrotestesterone using flutamide. Be patient!
Laser, aldactone (spironolactone) A combination of hormonal treatment with anti androgens such as Aldactone (spironolactone) or tagmamet tocweaken hair combined with laser treatment will reduce hair. It is more difficult to treat than someonewithout oxox and may require 6 sessions with possible touchup sessions about 3 months apart.
Laser. Laser treatments have really advanced and now are more available and more effective. Treating the underlying condition with weight loss, metformin, and Aldactone (spironolactone) is helpful as well, but if hair is already there, look for a reputable laser hair removal doctor and go for what is usually a free consultation. Good luck!
Hair on face. Safest and most effective is plucking and shaving. It will not cause more hair to grow in spite of rumors to the contrary. Other methods are variably effective (aldactone) or risky (laser).