My urine has been foamy for a number months, I have abdominal pain frequently, and am currently developing flu like symptoms. Are these related?

See your doctor. Foamy urine can be a sign of protein in the urine and needs to be checked out. It's pretty easy for your doctor to test your urine for protein right in the office with a "dipstick" normally there is no protein in your urine. The list of things that can cause this is long but includes diabetes and inflammation of the kidneys as well as diseases that cause abnormal proteins to be made in your body.