Lower back pain on left side with pain radiating down thigh to front of knee. Muscle above knee twitches. Feels better when I lay down.

Check spine. May be from L3 level of the lumbar spine from herniated disc, bulging disc, osteoarthritis and spinal stenosis. Symptoms include localized pain or pain that travels to the inner thigh anteriorly to middle of the leg. Tingling, numbness or muscle weakness might also be experienced.Mr examination would define etiology of pain. Can see neurologist, neurosurgeon or orthopedic physician.