If taking warfarin sodium will there be any reaction if I wanted to take a nutrition program to lose weight? Is there an alternative to warfarin

Warfarin and dieting. A balanced nutrition program should be fine while on warfarin. There are some foods that can interefer with warfarin. Pradaxa is a newly released medication that is an alternative to warfarin. It is much more expensive and may not be covered by insurance. It can cause GI (intenstinal) side effects. It does not require blood tests which are required to monitor warfarin doses.
Probably. Some green vegetables and possibly cranberry juice contain vitamin k which can counteract the blood thinning effect of warfarin. These should be avoided in large amounts. If you take warfarin for treatment of non-valvular atrial fibrilation, you may be a candidate for a new drug called pradaxa. It 's taken twice daily, still has a risk of bleeding, but does not require monthly blood work.