How much time do I need to walk daily and weekly to get the maximum affect out of exercising?

Dr. Frank Holmes
Sports Medicine

In brief: Varies per person

Walking distance, time and frequency vary per person depending on your goals, level of fitness, other medical conditions.
For the deconditioned/out-of-shape person, 20 minutes 3 times/week is a good start. Working up to 30-60 minutes 5 times/week is a good end goal.

In brief: Varies per person

Dr. Frank Holmes
Dr. Frank Holmes
Dr. Luis Villaplana

In brief: Goal?

What ru trying to accomplish?

In brief: Goal?

What ru trying to accomplish?
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Jeffrey Sider
I agree. If you are just trying to get in shape 20-30 minutes 4-6 times a week would be a reasonable start. If you want to train for a marathon your training will require considerble more time and effort
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine