If both partners don't have stis is it possible to still get an STI because of unprotected sex?

No. The problem is that you are seldom certain that your sexual partner does not have a sexually transmitted disease. If they do not, then you cannot get one from another source. When my students ask if you can get these from a toilet seat i tell them only if you are having sex on the toilet.
No. All stds are transmitted person to person. So if one has an std, they got it from another person, whether it's your partner or not.