I had pneumonia last year that lasted a while, I seem to have it again this year and find it hard to stay warm. I'm 55.?

Dr. John Leander Po
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Multiple reasons...

Depending on the severity of the pneumonia you had last year, it could affect how you react to this year's infection.
If your respiratory tract was severely damaged, then there is an increased risk of repeated infections. Dr. Lewis's tip is great but if infections continue, you may need a referral to an id physician for a vaccine challenge test and others, to see if your immune system is intact.

In brief: Multiple reasons...

Dr. John Leander Po
Dr. John Leander Po
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis

In brief: Pneumonia

Once you've recovered from this bout, see your doc to get the multi-strain pneumonia vaccine.
Hopefully that will prevent another recurrence. Also be sure to get a flu shot every fall (sept-oct).

In brief: Pneumonia

Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Vicken Poochikian