What are the symptoms of a varicose vein over the knee cap?

Prominent vein. . A prominent length of a bluish blood vessel that blanches when lightly pressed upon.
Knee cap veins. Varicose veins can occur anywhere in the leg. They are due to malfunctioning (refluxing) of usually the saphenous system of veins. Symptoms can be aching, cramping, swelling and pain. Usually the veins are enlarged and grape-like in appearance. See a vein specialist for a full venous evaluation with a venous ultrasound.
Varicose veins. If it is just at the level of the knee You should be able to visualize the varicose vein very easily. Associated symptoms may include localized discomfort, swelling, and increased warmth in the localized area. Usually the vein that she see is not the source of the problem and may indicate a valvular dysfunction further up the leg. This should be evaluated.
Heaviness, pain. Your actual knee joint should not hurt. The veins can hurt. The muscles can hurt. The joint should not. Elevate your leg. If the knee still hurts after a minute, it's your knee, not the veins.
Symptom or sign? I think you are probably asking what does a varicose vein over the knee cap look like. If that is the case, then they look like varicose veins anywhere else in the leg as dr feder described. On the other hand, if you are asking if they cause symptoms like pain, it is certainly possible, but are commonly painless. The important thing is that varicose veins here usually come from deeper inside.