Im 20 years old, I have been laying down to go to bed and my mind is raceing.. Whats wrong, what do I do?

Dr. K. Olson
In brief: Hope is alive
Racing thoughts can be due to many causes including: medications or over the counter remedies (even coffee or nicotine), anxiety, hypomania, medical conditions (hyperthyroidism), and substance abuse.
Investigating the potential causes with your md would be a good start. Numerous prescription medications can slow racing and provide you restorative sleep.

In brief: Hope is alive
Dr. K. Olson
Dr. K. Olson
Dr. Neil Liebowitz
In brief: Mind racing
This can be something simple or serious.
Just having a lot to think about and unable to make decisions can be cause. Write down your thoughts, talk to friends and family. If you start having more symptoms see a professional for an evaluation.

In brief: Mind racing
Dr. Neil Liebowitz
Dr. Neil Liebowitz
Dr. Susan Uhrich
In brief: That depends
The question is why is your mind racing when you lay down for sleep? That answer can come from a thorough psychiatric evlauation.
Then you and your doc can put together a treatment plan to get you better.

In brief: That depends
Dr. Susan Uhrich
Dr. Susan Uhrich