When I lay on my back and lift my left leg up straight not bending my knee I get sharp shooting pain in my lower back. I also can't stand straight up.

Back sprain. The pain on straight leg raising is indicative of either ligament tears and laxity in the lumbar spine or sacroiliac problems with weak ligaments . It might also involve an inflammation of a lumbar disc and nerve root irritation. Visit www.Proloshot .Com or www.Aaomed.Org to find a doctor who does prolotherapy as the ideal treatment to rectify this problem.