Does gastritis cause weight loss?

Dr. Charles Cattano
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: Weight loss concern

History of "weight loss" is a red-flag to a doctor. It is unlikely your provider will be satisfied that gastritis is of itself sufficient cause for much loss of weight.
Stomach upset due to both inflammation & possible associated delayed stomach emptying is expected, but loss of no more than a few pounds is not expected. Gastritis may be secondary to another disease--a search for which is needed.

In brief: Weight loss concern

Dr. Charles Cattano
Dr. Charles Cattano

In brief: Gastritis,weight

Could be possible, but in my experience i would like recommend to see your primary doc and or a gastro specialist to be sure the presentation loosing weight is only related to the gastritis

In brief: Gastritis,weight

Dr. Lourdes Margarita Landron-Garcia
Dr. Lourdes Margarita Landron-Garcia
Dr. Marsha Davis