Adult asthma. On qvar. Mainly short of breath when I walk up stairs, exercise. I do have allergies. Worried about side effects of med.

Not med. If the only time you have shortness of breath is when you walk up a flight of stairs, and not when exercising, and it resolves right away and is not associated with pain or coughing , i would presume you are still out of shape. It certainly is not the med( i was a pharmacist for20 years too), and does not sound like asthma or heart.
However, 100% of. 100% of people with allergies have excercised induced asthma! usually a dry- hacky cough also occurs with the breath shortness. But being deconditioned worsens eia, since your preceived exertion occurs at a lower level. No one should be incapacitated by it!