What if I have HIV infection?

Dr. Larry Lutwick
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease
In brief: Find out!
In today's world, although there is no "cure" , the current available medications turn the disease from the death sentence it was 20 years ago into a chronic disease like high blood pressure that can be managed.
Most of my patients, indeed almost all, have little if any problems from their HIV infection itself or the meds.

In brief: Find out!
Dr. Larry Lutwick
Dr. Larry Lutwick
Dr. Arthur Heller
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology
In brief: There's Rx, need f/u
Hiv may not be the death sentence it once was in the early 1980's (bad memories of that), due to reasonably effective medical regimens, it is still a potentially life threatening disease.
You should get tested (anonymously), and followed by a specialist in HIV (gnerally an infectious disease (id) specialist). Need to practice safe sex (they can explain in detail). If preg, coordinate id w/ob.

In brief: There's Rx, need f/u
Dr. Arthur Heller
Dr. Arthur Heller
Dr. Arnon Rubin