How do you get over childhood traumas when your parent is dead and you cannot get any real closure?

Dr. Colin Kerr
In brief: Emotional trauma
There is a way. It usually requires the help of a counselor. Under the guidance of the therapist you practice or experiment with saying aloud what you feel you would like to say, or would have liked to have said long ago, just as though the parent were alive and in the room. The process of just speaking these feelings out loud helps them settle down.
It is emotionally very draining but healing.

In brief: Emotional trauma
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Neil Liebowitz
Closure is in your mind. Can anyone giving you an apology ever make up for past traumas? You need to figure out how you can "forgive" the perpetrators by which I mean letting go of the power that they still hold upon you. What torment did they suffer that they felt a need for others to suffer. Forgiving isn't forgetting. Dead or alive the perpetrators have no influence over this process.
Dr. Howard Gurr
Clinical Psychology
In brief: Get over trauma
I would suggest finding a good therapist who can help you work through your childhood traumas.

In brief: Get over trauma
Dr. Howard Gurr
Dr. Howard Gurr
Closure can be obtained even if the offender is no longer alive.
Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice
In brief: Healing
Healing is possible.
Even with severe traumas. Healing comes with time; with work in therapy; with prayer; and with gaining insight into how you are defining feelings and memories. As one who got through PTDS from a very rough childhood, let me promise you that healing can happen and a solution can be found. It takes some work. It can often take some self forgiveness. At least it did for me.

In brief: Healing
Healing is possible.
Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Barbara Lavi
Clinical Psychology
In brief: There are several
techniques that can help you process childhood traumas even when your parent is no longer living.
EMDR, hypnosis, psychodynamic psychotherapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, Gestalt and role playing are a few options. Speak to a licensed psychologist and figure out which type of therapy best suits you. You will 1st need to develop a trusting therapeutic relationship with them to do the trauma work.

In brief: There are several
Dr. Barbara Lavi
Dr. Barbara Lavi
Dr. K. Olson
In brief: Letting go/accept
Psychotherapy can be very helpful.
Even if alive many do not receive much back from their parents with confrontation - many are in denial and the whole attempt can be revictimizing (one can get hurt again or at least be invalidated). Gestalt strategies allow for closure even if the parent is no there, i.e., empty chair. Capable eye movement desensitization and reprocessing would work. Journaling ?

In brief: Letting go/accept
Psychotherapy can be very helpful.
Dr. K. Olson
Dr. K. Olson
Dr. Shontae Buffington