Is it generally no issue if I have decay/caries on a baby tooth?

It depends. Is this tooth on you or your child? If on you, it should be determined that the tooth can be saved before repair. If it is for you child it depends on the age of the child and how close the permanent tooth is to erupting. If the tooth will be lost soon, i wouldn't put the child through a restoration. The development of the new tooth root needs to be assessed by xray examination.
Decay on baby teeth. Not only do baby teeth allow a child to eat and chew properly, they hold a space for the permanent tooth. Untreated decay could lead to an infection that could harm the developing permanent tooth. If the tooth is lost prematurely, the permanent teeth may not have the room to erupt in the proper position leading to crowded or misaligned teeth.