What to do if i took 3 caps of 400mg no flush niacin, am i gonna die?

Dr. Dean Giannone

In brief: Not from that.

Well, you won't die from taking 1200 my of Niacin at once.
Truth be told, recommended doses are as high as 1500mg twice daily for improvement of cholesterol and higher-level lipid parameters. So the dose you took is actually quite normal. Thankfully you took the no-flush variety, because if you took that dose of regular Niacin you'd feel lousy with flushing and red face - again, not fatal.

In brief: Not from that.

Dr. Dean Giannone
Dr. Dean Giannone
Dr. Calvin Weisberger
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Niacin

You are unlikely to die from that dose of niacin.

In brief: Niacin

Dr. Calvin Weisberger
Dr. Calvin Weisberger
Dr. Wendy Askew

In brief: Agree, but

The no-flush Niacin has been shown to not have the same effects on triglycerides and lipid profiles.
Don't use it. Take Niacin with a meal, and after a couple of weeks the flushing sensation usually minimizes.

In brief: Agree, but

Dr. Wendy Askew
Dr. Wendy Askew