1/2 soma, melatonin, mobic (meloxicam) & Mucinex taken at bedtime. Have sleep apnea controlled w/ cpap, fibro. Having dreams so vivid I confuse them w/ reality!?

Dr. Carlo Hatem
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care
In brief: Alcohol?
What you are describing happens when you wake up from rem sleep.
Melatonin has nothing to do with it, it is not an fda approved medication, and I am not sure why you are taking it. None of the medications you listed is expected to cause vivid dreams. Alcohol, and certain sleeping pills could do that. Recovering from sleep deprivation (long work nights) can precipitate it.

In brief: Alcohol?
Dr. Carlo Hatem
Dr. Carlo Hatem
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
In brief: Vivid dreams
Of the 4 meds you take, the interaction between the Soma (carisoprodol) & the melatonin is the most likely cause.
They both increase sedation, so you may be dreaming more frequently. If it's Soma (carisoprodol) w codeine, the effect may be even more profound. I'd suggest not taking the melatonin first to see what effect that has. If no change, then stop the soma (carisoprodol).

In brief: Vivid dreams
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Eric Weisman