Have researchers found that you could get cancer by wearing a bra?

In brief: Bra myths

My understanding is that a book written by anthropologists “dressed to kill” indicated that use of underwire bras could restrict lymphatic drainage & lead to accumulation of toxins in the breast.
Based on this assumption, it was theorized that this could contribute to development of breast cancer. However, lymphatic drainage from the breast is not downward due to gravity – it moves >>.

In brief: Bra myths

towards the axilla (arm pits). The author's conclusions were not based on medical science & are not deemed to be accurate.
Dr. Carlos Encarnacion
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: Nope

Please don't believe that. No need to go "commando" for that reason.

In brief: Nope

Dr. Carlos Encarnacion
Dr. Carlos Encarnacion
2 comments
For over a decade, there has been a lone militant anti-brassiere activist on the internet; he has been troubling women with obvious untruths for his own dark reasons. I'm sorry he troubled you.
Interesting. Dr Friedlander I would like to learn more about this.
Dr. Jane Van Dis