I had unprotected sex 3 days after stopping my antibiotics while on the pill, I then carried on the pill and have belly aches for about a week now?

Marianne DiNapoli
In brief: Infection?
If you had unprotected sex and are now having pelvic/abdominal pain, it is possible you have contracted a sexually transmitted infection.
If you are a woman, it is also possible you are pregnant. You might consider making a dr. Appointment to get checked out; you can also discuss contraceptive options with your dr. There is also a chance that your pain is unrelated to sexual activity.

In brief: Infection?
Marianne DiNapoli
Marianne DiNapoli
Answer assisted by Marianne Di Napoli, Medical Student
Tejas Ozarkar
General Practice
In brief: Home Pregnancy test
Different antibiotics can remain in your blood stream for varying lengths of time.
So, yes, there is a chance that the antibiotic you were on might have decreased the effectiveness of your oral contraceptive pill. Regardless, there is always a slight chance of getting pregnant on the pill so take a home pregnancy test. If the test is positive, make an appointment with your doctor.

In brief: Home Pregnancy test
Tejas Ozarkar
Tejas Ozarkar
Answer assisted by Tejas Ozarkar, Medical Student
Dr. Jane Van Dis