I was diagnose with pcos and I have irregular periods can I get on clmiod ?

Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
Pediatrics - Endocrinology
In brief: Clomid (clomiphene)?
If you're trying to conceive and need Clomid (clomiphene) because of pcos, you need to discuss with either your ob/gyne or fertility specialist.
Before going on a medication like clomid, (clomiphene) you and your specialist will need to determine if it's appropriate for you.

In brief: Clomid (clomiphene)?
Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Fertility Medicine
In brief: YES, good choice
Pcos women usually have ovulation problems and require medications to ovulate.
You do not need to wait 6-12 mo if you are not ovulating. Clomid (clomiphene) is still first-line drug and works for most. Metformin or Letrozole are second line drugs. Gonadotropins are third-line (more expensive and make too many eggs). Success rates are about 50-75% of ovulation rate. If not pregnant in 3mo -> other tests needed.

In brief: YES, good choice
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Dr. Frank Yelian
You may contact your gynecologist or fertility doctor to help you.
I don't not think you can buy Clomid (clomiphene) without prescription in the U.S.

Dr. Frank Yelian
Dr. Frank Yelian
Tejas Ozarkar
General Practice
In brief: PCOS
You will have to consult your physician on this matter so they can assess your medical history and your goals.
In general, to regulate a pcos patient's menstrual cycles, combined oral contraceptives are prescribed. Clomid (clomifene) is used for pcos patients to induce ovulation (making your ovaries functional) and increase chances of having a baby.

In brief: PCOS
Tejas Ozarkar
Tejas Ozarkar
Answer assisted by Tejas Ozarkar, Medical Student
Dr. Adam Levy