It hurts and burns when i pee, could i be dehydrated ? I am sexually active and also drink a lot of acid liquids , mostly pepsi . I drink 2 cans a day

Dr. Cornelius Oleary
Urgent Care

In brief: You need treatment

29 year old lady with pain and burning with urination.
You should get tested/ treated for this symptomatic UTI. You need culture and NAAT test ASAP at MD office go tonight. Get your pap if not done previously. Get HIV test in addition to testing or gonorrhea, chlamydia and culture/sensitivity. Get your partners tested treated or spreads in community if STD. Good luck.

In brief: You need treatment

2 comments
Dr. Cornelius Oleary
http://www.cdc.gov/std/treatment/2010/urethritis-and-cervicitis.htm
Dr. Cornelius Oleary
On top of burning and pain with urination, symptoms of hesitancy and urgency to urinate are more indicative of a urinary tract infection than a transient burning that may occur if you have extremely concentrated urine and immediately go away if you drink more water
Dr. Adam Levy