Is it normal for Zoloft (sertraline) to not work while someone is menstrating? I've noticed when its that time its like I never even took my pills.

Dr. Marion Dunn
In brief: Zoloft (sertraline) menstruating
Hello, zoloft (sertraline) is an antidepressant and can help with depression.
However, if you are having problems wiht menstruating, you may want to connect with the doctor who gave it to you. Zoloft (sertraline) has been used for depression and anxiety.However, either way it may not work in your case if it is not helpful. Good luck.

Dr. Marion Dunn
Dr. Marion Dunn
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
In brief: Zoloft (sertraline) menses
It's possible that the hormonal changes that occur during menses overwhelm the effects of the dose of zoloft (sertraline) you're taking.
See your doc to discuss the possibility of increasing your zoloft (sertraline) dose during your periods.

In brief: Zoloft (sertraline) menses
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Eric Weisman