I am being treated for psoriatic arthritis and hypothyroidism... And now they think I have sjorgens syndrome bc of mouth problems! is that possible?

Dr. Michio Abe

It is fairly common for someone with one autoimmune disease to concurrently have one or two other autoimmune diseases.
I have seen patients with hypothyroidism, psoriasis and sjogren's. This combo may not be so rare.

Dr. Michio Abe
Dr. Michio Abe
Dr. Thomas Namey
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: They go together!

Both are autoimmune and are inherited. Who know this by the passage of certain body immune markers called hla type. I habe more patients with psa and hypothyroidism than any other form of arthritis.

In brief: They go together!

Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Steven Seres